So you’ve just had your application approved by council and now its time to find out prices for tree removal in Sydney. You have come to the best page, because we are not only going to explain how tree services costs are calculated, but we will provide you with an accurate Tree Removal Calculator that will give an estimate inline with our real tree removal quotes. Furthermore, we will tell all the other things to be careful of that will probably have never thought about without coming to this page.
We hope you get tonnes of value from this post, so here is a brief overview of the topics we will be covering:
WHAT FACTORS AFFECT TREE REMOVAL PRICES?
A normal price range for tree removal can be anywhere from $300 to over $8,000+. Try our Tree Removal Calculator to get more accurate figures by using your own job specs
- Size of the Tree– A larger tree requires more man power to bring it down, higher load on equipment and costs are much higher to dispose of the waste compared to a smaller tree
- Type of Tree– Tree waste may need to be disposed of differently for different species (ie cannot be recycled), and large hardwood trees may be more time consuming to process than a small softer tree
- Condition of the Tree– Tree that have disease or significant rot are often to risky for our arborists to climb, which usually means we need equipment such as cranes or cherry pickers to bring it down safely, adding to your costs
- Access– If the tree is located around the back of a property where we cannot position our trucks and chippers, then it either has to be manually handled to the street or lifted using machinery. Other access considerations include stairs and obstacles, vertical aspect of the property (may be to steep to carry waste to front), waterfront tree removal requiring barge access, Tree limbs positioned over house or structures that prevent limbs from being dropped by a climber and must be lifted by crane. Variations in access and equipment / manpower needed will make the most variations in your tree services quote.
Other Tree Service Cost Considerations
- Emergency – If we need to call out staff to attend to emergency situations such as fallen trees from a storm then this would normally always result in extra costs
- Tipping Fees / Waste Removal – Most contractors will bill separately for waste removal. factors that effect the cost or tree waste removal include the suburb you are in and the type of tree waste being generated. If you request to have the tree waste left in location for example then you will not incur an extra cost for this. Our tree costs calculator take waste removal into consideration.
Your Tree Removal Quote will generally not include the cost of removing the tree stump unless otherwise stated. We always recommend removing the stump as it may sprout new branches and get in the way of your newly created yard space. It also just looks a lot better. Speak to us about including the cost to remove the stump in your main quote.
UNDERSTANDING TREE SERVICES
For many people, seeking the services of a tree removal company can be a daunting task. A quick google search for tree services in Sydney will return dozens of contractors putting their hand up to do the task, but how do you sift through the list to find the right arborist for the job?
Firstly, you should understand that you are not legally required to have any formal Arborist Qualifications to become a “Tree Lopper” in New South Wales. This means that any regular Joe can advertise to remove your trees for a fee. To become a qualified Arborist, the individual must complete a certificate 3 in arboriculture as a minimum, and this will qualify them as a certified climbing arborist.
At Shane’s Trees You don’t need to worry about our skill set. We have been in business for over 35 years and all our climbing Arborists have a minimum of Cert 3 Arboriculture and above. Along with this we have all the tools and equipment to handle any size job over several teams and have full public liability insurance. There is no risk to you at all and you will see our quotes are the best value in the industry. Call us or leave your details in the form to have a quote within the hour.
For over 35 years, Shanes Trees arborists have proudly and safely provided our tree services across the entire Sydney region including the Northern Beaches, Western Sydney, Eastern Suburbs and the Sutherland Shire. Our tree loppers also service the Illawarra and southern highlands as far down the south coast as Kiama.
- Tree Removal
Complete removal wholes trees, trunks and branches
- Tree Lopping
- Tree Pruning
- Stump Grinding
- Arborist Reports
- Land Clearing
Our preferred and fastest method of stump removal is with our stump grinder. This machine will grind the stump into very small wood chips that can be used as garden mulch, leaving a finished height at just below ground level, meaning it cannot be seen and there are no remaining trip hazards.
TREE REMOVAL CALCULATOR
TREE REMOVAL CALCULATOR
Our aim in developing the Tree Removal Estimate Calculator is not only to provide our potential clients with a useful resource but also prove our commitment to fair, consistent and value for money quoting.
Read This Before Using the Calculator:
We have designed and refined this Tree Removal Price Calculator to be as accurate as we possibly can and prove our commitment to fair and consistent quoting.
In saying this, we have noticed generally that the larger the job, the more intricacies and variables arise that are difficult to program into the calculator. Be aware that these are our best online estimates only, but we have made it simple to forward the results and your details onto us for a confirmatory quote. If you choose to forward your details to us on the results page, we will usually be able to have an accurate quote back to you within a couple of hours.
OUR SYDNEY TREE REMOVAL LOCATIONS
|Sutherland Shire||Wollongong||North Shore|
|Eastern Suburbs||Ku Ring Gai||Hills District|
|Hornsby||Eastern Suburbs||Northern Beaches|
Don’t know where to start? Cutting down these large statures can be a risky venture and should only be attempted by professional arborists with the right equipment, permits and skills. Most of the time you will also need to have Council Permission to remove a tree from your property. Shane’s trees are experts in their field and can help you determine whether your tree qualifies for tree removal.
Some examples of situations where the council will give permission to remove a tree are as follows:
- It is likely to cause substantial property damage to houses or buildings
- There is substantial evidence that it is structurally unstable and there is a high degree of hazard (arborist report and testing may be required for significant trees)
- It is causing substantial and continuing structural damage to a dwelling or structure (structural engineering assessment may be required)
- If it is in poor and declining health (with a short life expectancy) and there are no options to mitigate the decline in health
TREE STUMP REMOVAL
After having a tree removed from your property there will always be a stump left in the ground. This is also true if you have a rotten or diseased tree blow over in strong winds or other circumstances. Anyone who tried to remove a stump before knows this is a very difficult task as digging it out is nearly impossible, thanks to an established tree root system and burning is not always possible. Our arborist’s use a Stump Grinding machine for this task which is basically a large grinding flywheel connected to a powerful machine engine.
We offer professional tree removal services in Sydney, and have done so for the past 35 years. We have all the tools and equipment to tackle any size tree with any type of access constraints. Shane’s Trees have qualified arborists and we only let experienced climbers carry out our tree lopping services. From Tree Pruning Sydney, tree trimming, snipping, removal, crown raising and reduction, arborist reports, free wood chip delivery, quotes and advice, you can’t go past our team
Shane’s Trees would love to help you with your arborist report. call us on 02 9528 4507